Health complications to increase the weight of children:
Obesity or increased weight of the child is associated with many health problems, and the following are the most important health complications to increase weight:
- Diabetes: Children and adults who are overweight are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. The body can not metabolize glucose properly, which can lead to eye diseases, kidney dysfunction, nerve damage, and It is worth mentioning that the disease can be treated by changing diet, lifestyle.
- Heart disease: Eating high-fat foods and salts can lead to high levels of cholesterol and blood pressure, leading to an increased risk of future heart disease and heart complications, such as strokes and heart attacks.
- Joint pain: A child who is overweight may suffer from joint pain, stiffness, and restriction of motor capacity. In most cases, weight loss is the solution to treat these problems.
- Sleep disorders: Obese children can suffer from some sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea and snoring; excessive weight in the neck area can block the airways.
Methods of prevention of overweight children:
The whole family needs to work together to maintain the healthy weight of the child at all stages of development. To avoid being overweight or overweight, the following steps can be taken:
- Do not reward or punish the child using food and dessert.
- Do not put pressure on the child to finish his food; he will stop eating when he feels full, which gives the child the idea that he should eat only when he is hungry.
- Do not prevent the child from eating sweets, as this can lead to eating them out of the house frequently, so it is recommended to provide healthy foods most of the time and to provide a little candy from time to time.
- Provide at least five servings of vegetables and fruits daily and avoid sweetened beverages.
- Talk to your child about the importance of a healthy diet and exercise.